Brilhart Hardware was founded in 1904 by
Charles A Brilhart also known a CA Brilhart. It was orginally opened as a tin shop and roofing business in Scottdale, which later grew into Brilhart Hardware. Brilhart Hardware remained in the Brilhart family until 1982 when Charles Shenk purchased the business, which he ran with his son Jerry Shenk until 1996. At that point Jerry and Audra Shenk bought the store and remained owner's until February 1st 2017 at which the store passed on to the current owner Wes Patton.